Qualification for Admissions
- Recognised Bachelor degree (Hons)
- Fulfilled the "English Language Proficiency Requirement" as stipulated by the Graduate School
- For details, please visit http://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk
Period of Study
Full-time: 1 year (maximum 3 years)
Part-time: 2 years (maximum 4 years)
Students will be provided with an in-depth understanding of the major areas of sports science and physical education, allowing them either to specialise in specific disciplines or pursue research in this area.
Focused areas of investigation:
- Curriculum policy, design and implementation
- Exercise physiology
- Health and fitness
- Sports and exercise psychology
- Sports biomechanics
- Sports pedagogy
- Sports sociology
- Measurement in sports and physical education
For details, please refer to Clause 13.0 "Unsatisfactory Performance and Discontinuation of Studies" of the General Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies which can be accessed from the Graduate School Homepage: http://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/.
- Students are required to complete at least 30 units of courses for graduation
- *Students must achieve a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in order to fulfil the graduation requirement.
||Revised Course Code
|Research Method Course
|Elective courses I
||SSPA6103, SSPA6201, SSPA6202, SSPA6205, SSPA6206, SSPA6303, SSPA6208, SSPA6304, SSPA6203, SSPA6207
|Elective courses II
||SSPA6306, SSPA6307, SSPA6302, SSPA6301, SSPA6305, SSPA6204
||Courses offered by other departments / programmes of the Faculty of Education
(There are pre-requisites for PEDU 6404 & 6405, please refer to Faculty Handbook – Course
Descriptions for details.)
Not all elective courses will be offered every year.